Hiders Frequently Asked Questions
What are the rules for hiding a tag?
- Hide on public property close to parking. Do not place in a geocache.
- Note the number on the tag.
- Take accurate GPS coordinates.
- Snap a photo or two of the location to use in your listing.
- Make sure the tag is secure and can last up to two weeks “in the wild.”
When should the tags be hidden?
Please try to hide at least one tag before the game begins and then whenever a good location presents itself. All of your tags should be hidden at least a week before the game ends.
When will my tag be published?
Tags are published automatically in the morning using our secret scheduling algorithm. Your tags may not become public immediately. Therefore, please DO NOT tell anyone that you have hidden a tag, not even a hint.
Can I find a tag hidden by someone else?
No, that would be unfair because you can see where all tags are hidden ahead of time. You are welcome to participate as a finder in a subsequent game.
Can I keep one of the tags?
Yes. The tag to keep is specified in the instructions included with your hider packet.
Can I give some of the tags to my friends?
No. All tags (other than the one for you to keep) must be hidden to be claimed by a finder.